The System One 60 Series Bi-PAP has Bi-Flex technology to make the use of a BiPAP machine slightly more comfortable for the patient. Bi-Flex machines have two set pressures or in an Auto, they have a minimum and a high along with a pressure difference setting. The means that throughout the night, as your Expiratory Pressure increses, the Inspiratory Pressure increases with it. The ability to track each breath allows the machine to deliver pressure relief at three critical points in the breathing cycle:
- the transition from exhalation to inhalation
- the transition from inhalation to exhalation
- during exhalation
In many ways, the relief of pressure on the exhalation allows you to have a more comfortable sleep while still maintaining the necessary pressures to keep the airway open; therefore keeping the oxygen levels more consistent and reducing events throughout the night.
Bi-Flex Family Technology
Flex Technology is designed to enhance traditional BiPAP therapy; maintaining effective therapy at comfortable pressures. Users new to BiPAP equipment find that Flex Technology makes adapting to therapy easier than typical BiPAP machines. The natural breath-by-breath patterns enhances traditional therapy and improves compliance.
Bi-Flex makes the breathing cycle feel natural and comfortable. Flex Technology allows the PR BiPAP Pro to track each breath and provide pressure relief during three critical points in the breathing cycle. Pressure is reduced by .5 increments during the transition from exhalation to inhalation, inhalation to exhalation and during exhalation.The Bi-Flex setting can be adjusted up to 1.5 H20 for maximum comfort.
Advanced Event Detection
The PR BiPAP Pro is designed to identify symptoms beyond classic OSA parameters such AHI and flow limitations. With the PR system, detection is expand to include data on Snoring, Periodic Breathing and Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals (RERAs). Along with digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity and Flex Technology, the PR BiPAP Pro can detect the breathing cycle and report any variation in breathing patterns, increasing therapy effectiveness.
Digital Auto-Trak Sensitivity is the brains behind Respironics’ Flex Technology. A patented algorithm monitors breathing patterns and responds to abnormal pressure changes. On the PR BiPAP’s, variable triggers and cycle thresholds are adjusted automatically to provide effective sleep therapy.
Any mask may be used with this machine. Tubing is dependant on the Heated Humidifier you use with the machine. Example, Heated Tube Humidifier has to use the Heated Tube (SYS1HT15), but the System One Heated Humidifier can use any universal tubing.
Philips Respironics also has an Auto Algorithm that maintains effective therapy at minimum pressures. What makes the REMstar Auto algorithm so different? Unlike other algorithms, the REMstar Auto can manage an event in the early stages rather than waiting for it to occur. Because small degrees of flow limitations are usually present before the onset of a complete obstruction or apnea, Philips Respironics’ algorithm is designed to proactively seek out these early indications and adjust pressure to resolve an event before it occurs.
- Proactive Performance manages events in the early stages of flow limitation, which leads up to an actual obstruction or apnea. The Auto algorithm uses two airflow measurements to prevent pressures from becoming too high: (‘P’ressure Critical and ‘P’ Optimal).
- Leak Management is a comparison of average leak rate and the expected leak from a CPAP mask. Encore records significant losses above the expected leak rate as ‘Large Leak’ events and the BiPAP Auto reduces therapy pressure to re-establish the mask seal, preventing false apneas.
- Obstructive Apnea is defined as events that reduce 80% of airflow for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Hypopnea is defined as events that reduce 40% of airflow for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Flow Limitation is measured through four different baselines of the breathing waveform: Roundness, Flatness, Peak, and Shape. Most other BiPAPs only take into account Flatness and Shape.
- Snore or snoring can sometimes imitate a hypopnea event. Advanced detection allows the PR BiPAP Auto to measure vibrations and partial airway occlusions.
- RERAs differ from a Hypopnea or snoring event in that a RERA shows increasing respiratory effort with each breath, culminating in a shift in brain wave activity and not necessarily a result of obstruction. Periodic breathing conditions such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration and central apneas are distinguishable from obstructed apnea or snoring events.
- SmartRamp helps manage apnea events while users attempt to fall asleep. Unlike other BiPAPs, the PR BiPAP Auto can react to an event during Ramp Time.
Encore Data Management and Reporting
On-board memory has been added to the BiPAP as well as storing information on a generic SD Memory card and reads through any SD card reader. Use EncoreViewer Software to monitor therapy effectiveness through a series of reports. A new Patient Flow and Event report enables users to view a weekly breakdown on per-breath basis. Patient data is used to identify particular conditions and events with specific colors.
System One Humidity Control (Optional) (Not Included)
The Philips Respironics BIPAP humidifier and water chamber are breakthroughs for managing rain-out and water damage. System One Humidity Control technology analyzes ambient temperature and patient airflow to reach relative humidity at the mask. Sensors inside and outside the BiPAP machine closely monitor changes in humidity and prevents condensation from forming inside the tube.
Dry Box technology is another advancement in reducing water damage to BiPAPs. The air outlet port has been moved from the side of the humidifier onto the top. The water chamber is outfitted with a one-way valve, between the machine and the humidifier. System One with Dry Box makes it possible for the Philips Respironics BiPAP machines to be truly spill-free.
System One Resistance Control
Respironics wanted a machine to achieve optimal pressure regardless of whether the mask is nasal, pillow, or full face. Resistance Control is the solution. A numbering system on all of Respironics CPAP masks helps define the variable resistance characteristics. Each number programs the BiPAP to compensate for different mask types. The result? A consistent and reliable pressure, enhanced with all the benefits of Bi-Flex Technology no matter which mask is used.
Mode of Operation: Auto Bi-PAP or Fixed Bi-PAP
Warranty: 2 years
Special User Features: Bi-Flex; lighted LEDs
Pressure Range: 4-25cm
Ramp Time: 0-45 minutes (5 minute increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure: 4 to EPAP; patient adjustable
Device Set-up: LCD/control wheel/push button
Data Storage Capacity (Min): 7- and 30- day average, SD Card: > 1 yr, On board: up to 6 months
Data Storage Content: Usage, AHI, Leak
Compliance Meter: Breathing Detection
Altitude Compensation: Automatic
Electrical Requirements: 100 – 240 VAC
Humidifier: Integrates with System One Heated Humidifier (DS6H) and/ or System One Heated Tube Humidifier (DS6T)
DC Power: DC Cable available for purchase
AC Power: 100-240 VAC
Actual Weight: 3 lbs.; 1.36 kg
Travel Sized: 7″ x 5.5″ x 4″; 18cm x 14cm x 10cm
Sound Level: 2.6 db (no humidifier; CFlex 0) to 4.2 db (with humidifier; CFlex 3)
International Part Numbers: IN761S
*NOTE: The Humidifier is an optional accessory, It is not included in the contents of this package.