What is a Cpap Machine?
Cpap machines are prescribed for patients who are suffering from sleep apnea. It is also called continuous positive airway pressure. These are the machines made for making the process of breathing easy at night while you are sleeping. It is very effective in treating sleep apnea where one faces spontaneous pauses in breathing.
These Cpap machines prevent the airways from getting collapsed while you inhale by increasing the air pressure. These machines are also helpful in decreasing snoring. A humidifier is also attached to it to prevent excessive dryness in the throat and nose. It is designed in such a way that there would be no disruption while sleeping as it keeps you in a comfortable position to keep you in place.
Getting through this problem surely leaves a positive impact on one’s life by increasing the happiness, energy and decreasing the psychological pressure a person goes through.
Who should use it?
A Cpap machine is used by patients who develop breathing problems while sleeping. If somebody is suffering from OSA or obstructive sleep apnea then they are recommended to use a Cpap machine which allows enough air to reach your lungs resulting in better sleeping experience.
It is also used to treat infants whose lungs are not fully developed. This machine blows air in the baby’s nose which helps him/her in breathing.
OSA not only disturbs sleep but also increases the stress which in turn can make you suffer from higher blood pressure, strokes or heart attack. With the use of the machine, you feel more energetic, focused and with less risk of hazardous medical conditions.
Your physician can describe to you how it can be used for maximum effectiveness. A sleep study (polysomnogram) can be performed at a sleep clinic to understand the severity of the condition and the best option to be used. The physician or your sleep specialist can you try different Cpap masks which best suits your condition.
How does the Cpap machine work?
The working of CPAP is not at all complicated. It works by sending air into the throat via a mask. It constantly provides a gentle flow of pressurized air that keeps your airway from narrowing while you sleep. This helps you breathe properly without disruptions and maintaining good blood oxygen levels throughout the night.
There are a few things to make sure that your CPAP machine is working effectively. The Cpap mask comes in many shapes and sizes, so it’s best to try a few and see which style fits your face most comfortably. These machines also include a humidifier as it can dry out your mouth and nose.
Taking care of your Cpap machines
Proper care and maintenance are necessary if you want to make the most of it. Using distilled water to clean it will prevent natural minerals from accumulating. You should wash the mask daily after use; on the other hand, headgear can be washed weekly. CPAP’s humidifier chamber should be washed every day and the tube can also be cleaned weekly.
Alternately, you can use the vinegar solution (use one-part vinegar to three-part warm water) to soak the parts and rinse it thoroughly and then let them air dry.
The Best options of Cpap machine of 2019
1. Dreamstation Auto by Philips Respironics
This is a Philips Respironics CPAP machine model with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi capabilities.
- This small and light System can very well blend with your bedroom.
- The built-in Bluetooth and wireless technology easily transfer data and its color LCD display interprets the data easily.
It’s very quiet and so it makes sleeping very comfortable.
- The Dreamstation Auto CPAP Humidifier performs its main task of preventing the nose and throat from getting dry superbly.
- It has inbuilt advanced event detection and intelligent automation settings that provide a clear daily progress summary for review.
2. ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with Heated Humidifier
ResMed AirSense 10 is full of clever features to assist a variety of patients.
- The patient is infused with great experience with its autoramp technology the pressure starts low and gradually builds to the prescribed level to avoid any sudden influx of air and the patient feels at ease while breathing.
- The ClimateLineAir and HumidAir technology create the optimum air temperature and comfort, whilst its other component reduces pressure as the patient exhales to make it a more gentle and comfortable experience.
- The LCD display has a setting that automatically adjusts itself to the light in the room and turns off automatically when not required.
- This CPAP machine comes in a lightweight and with great design. It makes you feel you are in very safe hands.
3. Apex Medical iCH II Auto CPAP Machine
It’s a great looking machine with good features that deserves a place in your room.
- Its slim and chic design makes it a choice of every home. This looks like an incredibly expensive machine but has a simple and clean design that instantly puts you at ease with its brilliant feature of simple 4 button control.
- It’s as quiet as a CPAP machine can get. No noise means Happy Sleeping!
- With its great travel case and a DC input for your car makes it travel easy. It can be easily placed on most bedside stands without any rearrangement because of its footprint.
4. Fisher & Paykel Icon Novo Cpap
It is a good looking machine with the apt technology.
- It looks great and comes with a contemporary design making it desirable. It has a clever technology of patented ThermoSmart.
- Its technology provides the optimum level of humidification. The data communication is very flexible and its reporting is equally easy.
- It has a one-touch menu display. It is very clear to use.
5. IntelliPAP Standard with Heated Humidifier and Heated Tubing
It is a clever machine which is a very reliable and high-level performance.
- It’s a beautifully simple, straightforward and easy to use CPAP machine.
- Its clever technology of delay pressure ramp and SmartCode compliance tracking makes the therapy easy and makes the data transfer easy.
- This is a quiet CPAP machine that makes the whole process easy and can be done without any distraction.