The SleepCube BiLevel ST device (DV56) is designed to enhance the breathing of patients with spontaneous respiration. Unlike a ventilator, it will not completely take over the breathing for the patient, but instead helps a patient who has chronic respiratory failure, difficulty breathing, or obstructive sleep apnoea; it is administered via a mask and is non-invasive.
The device automatically synchronises with the patients’ respiratory pattern, cycling between IPAP (inspiratory pressure) and EPAP (expiratory pressure).
The BiLevel ST can also be set to a timed mode, where the clinician sets the BPM (breaths per minute) and %IPAP; or it can be set to a combination of Spontaneous and Timed operation, where the unit cycles in response to the patient’s breathing rate, but switches to the timed operation if the patient fails to take a breath within the timed interval.
- Pressure range of between 3 and 25 cm H2O
- Three operating modes: CPAP, Spontaneous, Spontaneous Timed and Timed only
- Smallest footprint of all leading CPAP devices with heated humidification system attached
- SmartCode remote data compliance feature included, which encodes usage data into a series of letters and numbers that can be easily decrypted using free software or online at http://www.sleepcube.com
- Among the quietest CPAPs on the market – only 26 dBA
- Can be operated from a 12V DC source such as that found in a motor home (not with heated humidifier) and will switch automatically to AC power if connected and available
- Auto-switching universal power supply of 100 – 240 V and 50 – 60 Hz, and automatic altitude compensation between 0 and 2600m (9000ft)
- Large backlit LCD and easy to follow patient menu
- Auto on/off automatically starts the flow of air on breathing into the mask and stops the flow of air when mask is removed
- Delay pressure ramp eases the device to the prescribed pressure. Ramp delay settings of 0 to 45 minutes in 5-minute increments
- Visual mask off alert feature
- Supplied with 6ft tubing as standard. Optional 10ft patient tubing available
- Large slip-resistant pads on bottom of unit minimise movement on the bedside table during the night
- Patient air tubing extends from the back of unit to enhance visual appeal
- Integrated heated humidification system easily docks onto the bottom of the unit without requiring a separate hose or power cord
- SmartLink module and software available for more detailed patient therapy management. Data is transferred to the PC via SD card for further analysis and reporting using the SmartLink software package.
- Flow rounding comfort feature included
- Integrated event detection feature
- Real-time display – LCD display shows actual pressure, leak rate and patient breathing parameters such as breath rate, I/E ratio, minute volume and tidal volume
- Customisable trigger – the sensitivity of the trigger can be adjusted on a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being most sensitive)
*NOTE: The Humidifier is an optional accessory, It is not included in the contents of this package.