The bi-level ventilator BiPAP A40 has been designed to combine ease-of-use and comfort with technological innovations that adapt to your patient’s condition to deliver enhanced therapy.
Based on a familiar platform, BiPAP A40 comes with well-known and clinically proven Philips Respironics technology such as Auto-Trak, AVAPS and a Dry Box humidifier design. The device is capable of non-invasive and invasive pressure ventilation, up to 40 cmH2O, providing treatment for your chronic insufficiency respiratory patients.
BiPAP A40 can provide autonomy and increased support to patients, thanks to its specifically designed battery module. The device features AVAPS-AE, an innovative mode of ventilation designed to help clinicians during the titration process, while maintaining comfort and therapy optimization. This new ventilation mode helps in providing long-term therapy compliance regardless of changes to the body position, sleep stages and respiratory mechanics.
- Promote long term therapy compliance with AVAPS-AE
The AVAPS-AE mode is designed to promote long term therapy compliance for patients who have obstructive sleep apnea and other disorders associated with chronic respiratory insufficiency. It monitors the patient’s upper airway resistance and automatically adjusts the EPAP delivery required to maintain airway patency. At the same time, it automatically adjusts pressure support to maintain a target tidal volume. When set to Auto breath rate, the device adjusts the back-up breath rate based on the patient’s spontaneous respiratory rate.
- Enhance patient comfort
The BiPAP A40 also includes the well-known and clinically proven Auto-TRAK algorithm with an improved leak compensation technology to accommodate respiratory changes while improving patient comfort throughout the therapy.
- Experience extra freedom and support
BiPAP A40 can provide autonomy and increased support to patients, thanks to its specifically designed battery module. It provides 5 hours2 of uninterrupted back-up power, giving patients access to respiratory support during daily activities.
- Manage therapy data efficiently
This device can be connected to our DirectView and EncorePro software to manage therapy data. The devices internal memory and an SD card can record up to 1 year of ventilation therapy data (including last 72 waveforms on DirectView).
- Enjoy ease and reliability
The color user interface is designed for intuitive operation. Water ingress or rainout problems are reduced thanks to the integrated heated humidifier with unique and proven System One humidity control technology and ‘Dry Box’ design. It features the same design as Philips Respironics CPAP, bilevel, and life support ventilator devices.
- View oximetry & ventilation data on one screen
The BiPAP A40 is compatible with the Philips oximetry module , so physicians and users can view SpO2 and heart rate alongside ventilation therapy data on screen. This data can also be included as graphs or statistics on EncorePro and DirectView reports.
What conditions is Philips BIPAP A40 Non Invasive Ventilator used for?
Specifications for Philips BIPAP A40 Non Invasive Ventilator
- IPAP/EPAP: 4 – 40 cm H2O / 4-25 cm H2O
- Ventilation modes: CPAP, S, S/T, PC, T, AVAPS-AE,
- Target tidal volume: 200 – 1500 ML
- Breath rate: 0 – 40 bpm
- Rise time: 1(100ms) – 6 (600ms)
- Humidification: System One humidity control and ‘Dry Box’ technology
- Hybrid ventilation: AVAPS (Average Volume Assured Pressure Support)
- AVAPS rate: 0.5 to 5 cm H2O/min
- Inspiratory time: 0.5 to 3 sec
- Alarms: Patient disconnection, apnea, low minute ventilation, low tidal volume, high respiratory rate
- Monitoring: Pressure, tidal volume, minute ventilation, respiration rate, leak
- Filters: Foam and optional ultra-fine
- Data Management: EncorePro 2 and DirectView software Compatible with oximetry module, Advanced detection of residual respiratory events (Apnea/Hypopnea Index, Obstructed Airway Apnea, Clear Airway Apnea, Hypopnea, Periodic Breathing, RERA, Large Leak and Snore)
- DC power source: 12VDC, 5.0 A
- External battery: 24VDC, 4.2 A
- Battery backup: 11 hours at IPAP 15 / EPAP 4 cm H2O and 12 BPM
- Noise level: 30 dBa AT 10 cm water
- IPAP: 4-40cm H2O
- EPAP: 4-25 cm H2O
- Battery backup: 5-9hrs
- Warranty: 2 Years
- What is in the box ? (for sale): Device, filters, tubing, power cord, user manual SD card
*NOTE: The Humidifier is an optional accessory, It is not included in the contents of this package.